Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Beartooth Highway








What can I say 40 miles or so of high mountain twisties, about 15-20 miles in alpine environment; just spectacular, even with construction delays and tourist traffic. I'll just post some ictures and even they don't do it justice.

At red Lodge, MT, a bustling Western style resort town I took a break. I was tired and it was late. I took a left on Rt 78, a country road as per the map, and was rewarded with a wonderful romp over and around grassy hills, ranches, with beautiful sweeper curves. Reinvigorated, I made a quick run down th e50 miles or so to I 90, then blasted into Livingston, where I had a reservation at the restored Murray Hotel, built in 1904, and right out of Legends of the Fall. Nice room and a great meal downstairs in the restaurant. Read a bit, enjoyed some Moose Drool, the local beer, and went to bed.

No comments: