Thursday, June 7, 2007

Choosing a Son in Law


OK, so you don't get to choose your son in law, but if you could, you probably would choose one with whom you shared some interests (besides your daughter). Well, I got lucky in that regard. Recently, my daughter Stephanie phoned to tell me that she and Sean, her long time beau, had gotten engaged while vacationing in the Dominican Republic. Now Sean would make a good son in law for many, many reasons, but I consider myself fortunate because in addition to all that good stuff, Sean is a biker. Recently, Sean, who has ridden for years, was given a Honda 1100 cruiser bike by his Dad, apparently the reward for not dying in a bike accident before reaching his late 20's (or something like that). I look forward to many years sharing riding experiences with Sean (and his Dad). This weekend, we will rendezvous at Americade in Lake George, a huge touring biker group grope. Here is a picture of me, Sean and his Dad taken on a recent ride to Bear Mountain and Cold Spring, NY.

No comments: