Sunday, June 24, 2007

Leaving Natashquan





I leave Natashquan around 7;30 AM. The plan is to ride about 350 miles to a place called Point des Monts, just west of Baie Trinite. Pointe des Montes is the location of one of the earliest lighthouses on the St. Lawrence, which is now being preserved as a museum. The lighthouse keeper's house is now a small B&B/restaurant.

The clear skies last until about 10:30 when it starts raining. It will continue raining until about 3;00 the next day. Riding in the rain is not as much fun as riding in good weather, but it'd doable with proper gear. I had hoped to fill in some of the blanks from the rapid ride out. I took more pictures and poked around some villages I had raced by. For example, upon further exploration, Havre St Pierre turned out to be a fairly nice little port town, the the Fort Apache of my first impression.

But, you can't sugar coat it, the ride back to the west was not as much fun as the ride east.

No comments: